Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Axcent...No control of axlink

I have encountered a problem with an old axcent3 controller.The axlink led is constantly On and does not blink.When I send a command to the controller it replies as " No Control of Axlink". It also does not connect through Access program and gives a message as Device connect error.

Any suggestions of what might have caused the problem amd how do I over come this...

Comments

• It may be set as a Slave. In terminal, try sending the SET BASE DEVICE 1 command (this is from memory, you may have to type ? to get the exact syntax).

--D
  • I have tried setting it to master mode.It also indicates set to master mode and then fails to repond.If I asssume that the controller may be in slave mode then if I connect another master unit to it, it should respond.Or it must show its devices in the master list.It does not do so.... It shows the same message...
  • Here's what the tech notes have to say about it

LED Full ON : Axcess program is not present, and there is no Axlink activity

If the master was in a error state the LED would be blinking three times per second
  • I had tried to retrieve back the source code file from the controller, but it gives error.I checked by sending commands through the terminal, that does not work..It still shows the axlink is not in control....
  • retreiving source code from a master that has no code loaded will not work.
    try connecting to the master with OpenAxcess and check to see if any
    of your AxLink devices show up.
    Could you be more specific when you say "sending commands through terminal"? what commands are you referring to?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have had, once or twice in a decade or more of working with them, an Axcent completely and inexplicably lose all of it's programming. Generally, it can be associated with a power outage condition that included a period of low voltage (brownout). It looks like that may have happened here. Try reloading the program.
  • Like Dave, I've seen this happen to my older Axcent III's and usally after a power flux. Somewhere I read or was told that this was caused by a negative going spike and the circuit would drop everything on the box. This was later corrected by a mod to the circuit. I have also seen it with the older TP's. Sorry this isn't much help but more of a possible explaination of one possible cause.
  • sethollesetholle Posts: 66
    I have however had this problem when the axlink was not wired correctly on both ends.
    Check your wiring to make sure that both ends are the same.
    This can cause a solid green light.
    SEth C. Olle
    AMX PROGRAMMER