Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

MVP-8400

NEED HELP ON MVP-8400. I CAN NOT GET INTO PROTECTED PAGE BECAUSE THE PANEL POP UP THE KEYBOARD INSTEAD OF KEYPAD, THE FACTORY PASSCODE 1988 DID NOT WORK. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RESET THE PANEL. I CAN NOT TELNET, THE PANEL IS NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE MASTER. I USE USB DID NOT WORK EITHER.
PLEASE HELP!

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Pull the batteries and while pressing the center of the TP screen re-insert the batteries, keep pressing the center of the screen untile setup appears.

Or

Press the bottom button of the 4 buttons on the left while also pressing the bottom transport button on the right. Hold both until setup appears.
  • Options
    HomerHomer Posts: 3
    Try password "Amx1234!"
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Did I miss the entire point of the OP again? I hate when that happens.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote: »
    Did I miss the entire point of the OP again? I hate when that happens.

Nah... If he can get into setup he can get it setup for the network and all that. Your advice is sound.
  • Options
    The keyboard kept pop up instead of keypad, password 'Amx1234' did not work either. Is there way to reset to manufacturer default?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    What's tech support saying about this?
  • Options
    anhdoquy wrote: »
    The keyboard kept pop up instead of keypad, password 'Amx1234' did not work either. Is there way to reset to manufacturer default?

Did you put the ! on the end?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    ericmedley wrote: »
    What's tech support saying about this?

I seem to recall another thread about this ... you get the keyboard instead of the keypad in a specific security mode. Amx1234! is the default password for that mode, which is why it was suggested.
  • Options
    When you press the security button in the setup pages, it will change the default password of the panel. In secure/DoD mode the password is "Amx1234!" and in non secure mode the password defaults to "1988".

Check out the "Security Settings" section in the Operation Guide:
    http://www.amx.com//assets/manuals/Modero.MVP-8400.7500.OperationReferenceGuide.pdf
  • Options
    MVP 8400

Thank you all for great help.
    I forgot the '!' at the end of Amx123.

IT WORKED.

Again, thank you so much.
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    How about the super secret back door substitute code for 1988 -- will that still work if the touch panel has been put into secure/DoD mode?