Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

How I can get xml file to netlinx from ftp server.

Is there any way to transfer file from another FTP server to AMX NI. I need to get one xml file from Picturall Octo mediaserver to Amx controller. How do i connect to server, wit username/password. And how can i get file out from server? Or can i get it directly to my code FILE_OPEN and FILE_READ commands?

Please help me and sorry my bad english :)

Comments

• Check out i!-FTPSender:
    "Use this software package to share and download files between the NetLinx® Control System and FTP servers. i!-FTPSender reaches out to an FTP Server located off-site, retrieves the necessary files, and loads each one into your AMX Control System."
  • miroxmirox Posts: 8
    Check out i!-FTPSender:
    "Use this software package to share and download files between the NetLinx® Control System and FTP servers. i!-FTPSender reaches out to an FTP Server located off-site, retrieves the necessary files, and loads each one into your AMX Control System."

http://www.amx.com/products/i!-FTPSender.asp

This Product is Discontinued. Where I can find it?
  • In the tech center on AMX's website, select application files, then select archived application files, then customer applications. Keep in mind that it won't be updated further, but is definitely still available to download. Link is below, but it won't work if you aren't logged in.

http://www.amx.com/techcenter/archivedApplications.asp?Category=Customer%20Applications
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Is this something you need to do regularly as part of the running code? If it's a one-off, you don't have to mess around with i!-FTPSender, you can just upload it with any FTP client like Filezilla or CuteFTP. The default user is "administrator," and the default password is "password."
  • miroxmirox Posts: 8
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Is this something you need to do regularly as part of the running code? If it's a one-off, you don't have to mess around with i!-FTPSender, you can just upload it with any FTP client like Filezilla or CuteFTP. The default user is "administrator," and the default password is "password."
    Yes that xml file contains all information about media in picturall octo. Media server have 256 media library, and every library can contain 256 media file. So if i would have media names showed on amx touch panel, i need to get that xml file out from server.
    Maybe i should ask Picturall to make a custom rom, which stores that xml file directly to amx ftp server, when files are stored to library.