Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Component video to IP streaming device

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a device that converts Component video to IP so that it can be streamed to a touch panel.
Anything out there that is proven to be easily integrated with a TP4 file?

Thanks for your input.

Paul-Eric

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Hey Paul-Eric,

What touch panel is this for. The NXD's or the new X-Series?
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Kim,

It would be for NXD and iPad (with TP Control).
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Panasonic makes or made (don't know if its still out there...) a camera router that allowed for a composite video input. The router shows up essentially like an IP camera on the network and can then be showed on a TP as a dyncamic image. Sorry to be so vague but I don't have any model numbers. But, I have done several systems just as you describe.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    The OP says he is looking for COMPONENT to IP, not composite. I haven't seen any that aren't commercial high dollar units. They are easily GOOGLED.
    Lots of composite solutions out there. Might have to get a component-to-composite adapter first.... $50 or so.
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    @Eric,
    Thank you for your input, yes I too had used one of this Panasonic but I can't find them anymore... I'd have to search more thouroughly maybe.

@John,
    Yes, I've found some of these commercial grade ones but wanted to run this in the forum to make sure I was not missing a widely known and proven solution.

Thanks,

Paul-Eric
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    John Nagy wrote: »
    The OP says he is looking for COMPONENT to IP, not composite. I haven't seen any that aren't commercial high dollar units. They are easily GOOGLED.
    Lots of composite solutions out there. Might have to get a component-to-composite adapter first.... $50 or so.

OP's original point: true. The point I intended to imply (but obviously with limited success) was that component to IP solutions would tend to be hard-to-find and expensive compared to downscaling to composite and finding one of those less expensive devices. I figured that the loss of quality was not a big deal since it was going on a TP anyway.

I'll try to communicate better next time.
    E
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    If composite will do and price matters, the IPVIDEO 9100a is $70 and up.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ip+video+9100b&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    The "b" is more $, but has a metal case and BNC instead of plastic and RCA jacks.

Not too bad, we know of dozens in use for years at a time. And a few that failed fast.
    There's a free firmware replacement that adds features, and a relatively large user forum.
    We did find that the newer AMX 500i panel did NOT work with the stream this box puts out. That was unexpected, all the other panels, even the iPad and 435 and 8400 all did. Can't say how the new X panels will like them. Or if the replacement firmware would make a difference.

Everybody else talks about AXIS.