Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Responses from Enova DGX after using front panel...

Hi all,

When actioning a switch from the front panel there appears to be no string sent to parse from the device as I have come to expect from other matrices.

Every AutoPatch matrix I have played with issues a string to its serial port when a switch is done from its own front panel. So, if a user issues a switch from the front panel, with a string handler in place we can update the tp automatically. This is really important in my current situation where we need to have techs utilising the DGX front panel as well as the touch panel.

Unless I have missed something in configuring the DGX, it would seem it does not behave this way.

Wondering if someone has come across this - I can't see anything in the documentation.

Comments

• Responses from Enova DGX after using front panel...

Try using the command: option in the data event

data_event[dSWITCH]
    {
    command:
    {
    SomeKindaString = data.text
    }
    }
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

I have actually already tested for that and there is still nothing.

In actual fact, I have watched dv5002 ports 1, 2,3 & 4 through <device notifications> with everything ticked and still no data from any of them.

I have also now tried on 3 DGXs, so I also know that one hasn't snuffed it.

* I have just used device notifications and ticked 'all devices' to 'on', issued a switch from the front panel and not a peep at all.
  • misioooomisioooo Posts: 12
    Hey,
    Did You try 'RXON' on internal serial communication port between matrix and NI? From what i recall default is off so NI wont get any data from matrix.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    I wouldn't waste any further time on it until you speak to AMX tech support.

Some further info:

- The web control feedback isn't updated when front panel switches are made
    - The Autopatch Duet module doesn't get feedback when crosspoints are set or cleared via the front panel or web control

It would appear that unsolicited feedback is not available at this time. For the record, sending 'RXON' to any or all ports doesn't make any difference sadly.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I seem to remember someone from AMX telling me that the front panel control of the DGX was a vestige from the Autopatch days, and not really supported anymore. Many functions don't even work. It just wasn't worth removing it from the chassis in production.
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    I informed AMX a little while back and the issue has been acknowledged and should get resolved. Thanks for the replies.
  • Was this ever resolved?

In either the web control or strings being sent to update TP status?
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    The last I heard was 1-2 weeks ago. It was acknowledged as a bug and no resolution was available at that point.
  • rynandorynando Posts: 68
    I've been polling the device to get around this . . . fortunately every scenario I've been involved in has had the DGX frame(s) in a locked data-center/telco room and they're rarely touched.