Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

execute "setup port page" from code?

Hello!

Is it possible to execute a "setup port page flip", like "keyboard" from code?

What i exactly need is to execute the "Page flip Keyboard", wich is normally called from TPDesign -> Button Programming tab -> Channel Port -> 0-Setup Port, Channel Code -> PageFlip:Keyboard (or whatever), but from code.
For example: i have a button with a "normal" channel port 1 and a "normal" channel code 1; i need that, once the button is pushed, inside its "push" event to execute a "setup port, page flip keyboard", so a keyboard is shown.

I have tried to execute a
do_push(dvTp.number:0:0, 74) //74 is the "page flip keyboard" code for my TP

but it didn´t work....

Any help?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    Check the programming manual for any of the touchpanels or the AMX PI. In there, you will find a section called 'Run-time commands'. In that section you will find 2 commands, @AKP and @AKB. The @AKP command will bring up a number keypad that can then be used for anything you would like. The @AKB will bring up the keyboard. If you send either command to the touchpanel with some additional parameters, for example
    send_command dvTP, '@AKB-Test,Enter the name'

then the 'Test' will appear in the text entry box and the 'Enter the name' will appear as the prompt at the very top of the screen. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    You can also make your own page using the system codes:

1. With your touchpanel project open, go to "File > Open System Page Template"
    2. A new panel opens with the pages found in Setup. It is locked so you can't edit these pages, but you can copy them...
    3. Copy the keyboard/keypad/whatever into your project. Name it whatever you like.
    4. Call this like you would normally call any pop-up.
  • Options
    MorgoZMorgoZ Posts: 116
    Thanks,

but the problem is that i´m using "TPControl" software, so my Touch Panel is an IPad, and it doesn´t have any "System Page Templates" but, if i execute the "PageFlip:Keyboard", an IPad keyboard is shown, and that is what i need to execute form code...

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    You could create another TPD4 file for a TP with a similar resolution as the iPad do what NJ suggested and then copy and paste that into you iPad file since you don't have the system template files as part of the iPad TPD4 file.
  • Options
    MorgoZMorgoZ Posts: 116
    Thanks Vining,

that is what i´m doing... but it would be much "cooler" to use the IPad´s keyboard... but well, everything is working now.

Thanks!