Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

IR file for Motorola "Moxi" DTC 9012 Cable/DVR

As I fully expected today, when I tried to use the library file for this device (MOT0ROL7.irl) it was very spotty indeed. I've been through this in Crestronland and it took them several weeks to get to the real manufacturers of the box and get working codes. These codes are very unusual. I'm just wondering if anyone has been through this with AMX so I don't have to. A quick play with trying to learn these codes yielded nothing better than this library file, but it's far from satisfactory. Timing of digits seems to be hyper critical for presets. It very often misses the first digit in 3 digit numbers. Using XCH as I first tried was worse than using waits (this is an old Axcess job, no timelines!) The 9 comes out as an 8 about 50% of the time etc etc. It doesn't help that this box won't do anything unless connected to its cable so you can't ship it to Dallas and expect them to test it - the Moxi is only adopted in a few cable markets.

Thanks

OP

Comments

• Bump - anyone have any luck with this POS box
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    I had the same problem... even keypad #9 not working. We ended up changing the box out for a different model. Please post something if you have any luck!
  • GSLogic wrote:
    I had the same problem... even keypad #9 not working. We ended up changing the box out for a different model. Please post something if you have any luck!

Found a Marantz RC5200 ccf file on Remote Central and used some of those hex codes.
    Got all the number keypad functions working and XCH commands dialed in. The cursor down, channel down, moxi (and 1 or 2 other), buttons are a little iffy but functional. The box itself seems to lock up in the menu pages and won't respond to any remote, walking away works better than pounding on it.
  • MOXI Problems

I am having similar problems with a HD MOXI box. The IR codes work for some functions, but my main problem is with the number keypad. It is very finicky. 9's have come out as 8's and other funny stuff. Has anyone found a code that works well?