Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Modero wifi upgrade

I need to upgrade some older 8400 panels that do not support WPA. In the past I have sent these in to be done. Do you even need to send them in for this upgrade or can you just buy the newer wifi card and do it yourself?

Comments

• Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    You can just buy the card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    You can just buy the card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Except that the cards may no longer be available.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    One of our dealers has found a supply of the newer cards. PM me if you want more information, I'll forward to him.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Depending on how old the 8400 is, you may not be able to retrofit the new card without modifying it. I would call AMX with the serial number to find out if it will work. They can do it, but that makes it a service RA instead of just buying a part.
  • Options
    cmacma Posts: 94
    John Nagy wrote: »
    One of our dealers has found a supply of the newer cards. PM me if you want more information, I'll forward to him.

Tried to PM you but your box is full.

I have been told my panels are upgradeable but that the cards are no longer available. I would love to know if you have a source or compatible model number.

Thanks!

chad at resiservices dot com
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Thanks for the heads up on my mailbox, I cleaned it up. Would be nice if the same software here that decides you are too full would also notify the user of the condition before it starts turning away messages.

Anyway, send me contact info and I will pass it to our dealer who has the info. I try not to get directly involved in vendor things as AMX gets twisty knickers about any inkling of sales of AMXish hardware by software folk like us.