Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

dynamic images that reside on a local server

Does anyone know if it is possible to link a dynamic image window on a G4 panel to a PNG or JPG graphic file that resides on a local server rather than a website based graphic image??

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I've put images on the Master itself for an aplication. You just use the address of the Master then instead of the Web address, ie 192.168.1.1
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I also use the local drive for storing and displaying images. You may want to consider using the IP_ADDRESS_STRUCT if you don?t want to hardcode the IP address of your master into your program or into your touch panel file dynamic images.
    DEFINE_VARIABLE

IP_ADDRESS_STRUCT sNetlinx

DEFINE_START

GET_IP_ADDRESS(0:0:0,sNetlinx)

And then in your code you can use sNetlinx.IPADDRESS as the IP address of the master.
  • Options
    NI master vs. local server

I've got the NI master method down, but I would like give the client the ability to update a specific image on his server rather than logging into the master.

The NI master has an FTP server, which make this process easier.

Would this be a matter of just opening the necessary FTP ports on their server. Other than FTP or HTTP, I dont know of any method to direct the dynamic image to the panel. Maybe AMX will develop a general directory entry for this type of application of dynamic images.

I can do a G4 Computer Control window with no problem to the server,
    but cannot get to a single specific graphic file. I realize the G4CC does not utilize the FTP protocol for communication, so this is probably not a good comparison.

Thanks for your replies.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Sorry, I misunderstood the original question. My mind lives inside Netlinx. :)

This may be a stupid idea but you could install a lite web server on the local server and store the images there. Maybe someone else can come up with something better.
  • Options
    Yep - it's time to get your client to run a web service on that machine... FTP and HTTP are your only options from AMX-land, so that's what needs to be on the other end of the call...

- Chip
  • Options
    image problem solved!

I just downloaded and tested the AMX PictureFrame application and it will work perfectly for this particular project.

I rememer seeing this on the AMX web site a few years ago, but thought I would never utilize this type of program.

Unfortunately, it took me a few hours to remember that it existed, and where to find it.

Thanks again for the suggestions.