Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Lutron HRD-10D dimmer lost its address and cant get it back

Ok, so I updated the firmware on my lutron HRP5-120 light controller and upon completion I uploaded my program again, well final step was serially addressing the dimmers. All but 1 were fine, the one that didnt want to cooperate now seems to not communicate at all. It works locally, however I cant get it to communicate with the light controller.

Has anybody had something like this happen, or know how to put these dimmers into a programming mode... like other commercial grade lutron stuff?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Ok, so I updated the firmware on my lutron HRP5-120 light controller and upon completion I uploaded my program again, well final step was serially addressing the dimmers. All but 1 were fine, the one that didnt want to cooperate now seems to not communicate at all. It works locally, however I cant get it to communicate with the light controller.

Has anybody had something like this happen, or know how to put these dimmers into a programming mode... like other commercial grade lutron stuff?

I've had the radio fail on those. But you might just have to default the dimmer. As I recall, to default that particular dimmer, open the spark gap to power it off, then hold the dimmer raise button and the tap switch at the same time, and hold it until the lights flash. Then release and hold the dim lower button and tap switch ... it will ramp the lights up and down when finished. Then try learning it in again.
  • Perfect, ill give that a try this evening!

Thank you!