Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

newbie to I/O - possibly a stupid question...

I am usung an NI3000 controller and am looking to use the scart connector on my DSS box to monitor power and picture domension (4:3 or 16:9). Pin 8 on the scart connector is used a follows...

8 0-2.5 volts (low) when:
- digibox is in standby (or digibox is out of standby & 'Scart control' setting is "OFF')
- VCR is not in playback or onscreen graphics (OSG) mode

4.5-7.5 volts (High-to-6v) when:
- digibox is out of standby,
- 'scart control' setting is 'on',
- picture format setting is '16:9',
- digibox is outputting a 16:9 programme
or when:
- VCR is in playback or OSG mode

9-12 volts (high-to-12v) when:
- digibox is out of standby,
- scart control setting is on,
- picture format setting is '4:3' (or set to '16:9' but digibox is outputting a 4:3 programme)

Not ever using the I/O sensors before I am unsure as to how to do this, any advice would be very much appreciated...

Phil

Comments

• Hi Phil, First of all I'm not sure if the IO ports really sense the true voltage or are more looking for TTL levels as a trip <6> volts for example.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    No, I/O sensors won't measure voltage. They will go high (PUSH) with a closure to ground, or a -1.5VDC signal. They generate a RELEASE on opening the ground or applying +3.5VDC. They are on or off, nothing between. You can have your SCART drive a logic circuit that provides closure at the appropriate voltage levels, or you can get and Axlink voltage detection card (if they still make them).
  • I believe you'd need an NXC-VAI4 to do what you're looking for...

- Chip
  • hodeyphodeyp Posts: 104
    cheers, will take a look
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Let me know how you fare with the NXC-VAI4. I had to deal with some lame motorized window interface that gave varying voltage and wound up creating a simple voltage comparator circuit, but in the future I would definately consider the NXC-VAI4 it if works well.

Thanks,
    Jeff