Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Feature Requests
Options

NFC tags

Hello,

Using the Touch Panel Control in my own house on two tablets and a phone, works like a charm. It would be really nice to be able to use NFC tags to perform actions. Are there any plans for that, how about a widget for Android?

Many thanks

Mika

Comments

• Options
    NFC support is included in TPControl v2.3.1.29 for Android, which is available for download from the respective Android markets (Google Play, Amazon etc).

iOS devices do not currently support NFC, but when they do, support will be added to TPControl.
    Support for Win8/RT devices that include NFC hardware, will be added post initial release.

There are no plans for widget implementation at the moment, but it is on the wishlist, so may appear in future.
  • Options
    mixumixu Posts: 31
    NFC support is included in TPControl v2.3.1.29 for Android, which is available for download from the respective Android markets (Google Play, Amazon etc).

Thank you for the fast reply. I might be blind, but I couldn't find any sign of NFC settings or information on the documents of how to activate this feature. Is someone else using this feature with NFC tags?

Excellent to hear that the widgets might be a possible in the future. Great work!

Mixu
  • Options
    At this time, there are no configurable settings for NFC within TPControl. If your device has NFC enabled, then a CUSTOM_EVENT is generated for channel code 700, as per ModeroX panels.
    e.g.
    CUSTOM_EVENT[<device>,1,700]

CUSTOM.TEXT will include the tag identifier.

Appreciate your kind words!
  • Options
    mixumixu Posts: 31
    Very nice, I will give it a try. Thank you once again!

Mixu