Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Issues with analog video on touch panel

Hello everyone,

I have a NXD-1700VG RGB touch panel setup with a preview mode using the analog video input. Whenever the "preview" mode is selected on the panel, the image is scrambled, frozen, or only half appears on the screen. I have tried restarting the panel, but don't know what else to do to troubleshoot this issue. Otherwise the panel responds normally to all touch commands and the template image appears normally. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Has nobody on this forum ever seen or heard of this problem? I'm at a loss hear.
  • Options
    I have seen this and many other weird video anomalies; basically if you arent sending in video at an exact supported frame/frequency and resolution, it doesnt play nice. I've had it inserting horizontal lines of varying colors, shift the image over and around to the opposing side, blinnk on and off as well as just not appear at all. Bare in mind this was all analog signal coming from high end gear, which I could connect to an external studio grade monitor to verify there was nothing wrong with the signal itself, just not one the amx rgb breakout box and TP liked to take in. This was using all 1200vg and 1500vg TP's
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    I have seen this and many other weird video anomalies; basically if you arent sending in video at an exact supported frame/frequency and resolution, it doesnt play nice.

I agree - scrambled video on the panel seems relatively common. Something else which is also common is failure of the RGB video boards - we seem to see failure rates of around 2/3 over the first four years of the panel's life.

As the touch panel is still functional, most clients seem to live with the loss of preview on the panel and we rarely know about it until we go out to site to investigate some other issue with the system.
  • Options
    I've also noticed numerous panels losing their ease of touch.. by that I mean, you have to really push hard for it to accept touch, you can telnet in and change the pressure levels, but still with little to no noticable effect.
  • Options
    Is there anything that can be done besides having the panel repaired or replaced?