Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Denon TU-604ci Tuner Module

Does anyone know if there is a module available for the Denon TU-604ci Tuner? I have a couple coming up soon. It doesn't look too difficult to code but a module would save some time.

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    bwestlake wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a module available for the Denon TU-604ci Tuner? I have a couple coming up soon. It doesn't look too difficult to code but a module would save some time.
    I made one that I could share but where are you getting them, they're discontinued and no longer supported. I wouldn't have bought the last one I installed if I knew that befrore hand. If you do get some don't use them for SIRIUS radio since it's pointless to go through the Denon when you can go straight to the Sirus player. XM works OK with the XM ready players but for Sirius you have to get the one with RS232 so you're better off going direct.
  • Thanks
    vining wrote: »
    I made one that I could share but where are you getting them, they're discontinued and no longer supported. I wouldn't have bought the last one I installed if I knew that befrore hand. If you do get some don't use them for SIRIUS radio since it's pointless to go through the Denon when you can go straight to the Sirus player. XM works OK with the XM ready players but for Sirius you have to get the one with RS232 so you're better off going direct.

We need them for AM/FM/XM. We had been using the Integra TUN3.7 but they just discontinued them. The Denon does have RS232 so I should be in good shape (in theory.) AVAD is selling them cheap and they will hopefully get us out of trouble. What we need is a good, reliable, cheap Internet radio with reasonable feedback and control.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    You might be better off with 2 Denon 720's. That's about the same cost of as 1 TU 604 but each 720 gives you the ability of iPod via USB, Pandora, Rhapsody, internet radio, you can stream from PCs running iTunes via AirPlay or WMA Lossless via a PC serving WinMedia Player, AM/FM. Everything except XM. Controllable by IP so you don't use up serial ports.

It you go with a Denon RCDN7 you can add CD player and an iPod dock to the 720 list for $100.00 more list.

Of course since the 604 is an EOL (end of life) device it might be really cheap now since there is no future support and they never did get all the bugs out. The XM card is an extra cost plus you have to buy an XM ready player and antennae anyway so you can buy a standalone XM player w/ 232 for less than it costs to add XM to the 604. Antex XM100 comes to mind.