Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

5" Modero

Hi everyone
I for one can hardly wait to see this new panel. AMX was in need of a small, cheaper(I hope) panel so they can be competitive with the others on smaller installs. I know the older 5.5" G3 panels I used exclusively for nearly the last 10 years were just the right size and price for the jobs I did.

Comments

• Options
    I aggree they did need a smaller, inexpensive modero panel. All they need now is a handheld RF remote. Seems like they had a good idea that they did not follow through with the R1 remote. It is only IR...I mean whats the point. It would have been nice if it was an RF remote. That would have been a competitive product. Seems like AMX's competitor is well ahead of AMX in the handheld remote world.....and maybe a few others.
  • Options
    That would be really nice. I remember the company I was at (hi Dickster) and we had a ton of the softkeys installed with the almost every system. Maybe if the R1 takes off the R2 might be both IR/RF.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    troberts wrote:
    I aggree they did need a smaller, inexpensive modero panel. All they need now is a handheld RF remote. Seems like they had a good idea that they did not follow through with the R1 remote. It is only IR...I mean whats the point. It would have been nice if it was an RF remote. That would have been a competitive product. Seems like AMX's competitor is well ahead of AMX in the handheld remote world.....and maybe a few others.

First, I think I heard rumors at CEDIA that an RF version of the remote is in development. Second, Why not just use the same RF remote the competition is using....we do. The C**** RF remote is simply a Home Theater Master MX800/MX850 remote. We have been using the remote with the AXD-IR+ piece and it works out very well.

Jeff

Ohh ya, the 5" :) The units they had on display at the show were great. You have to love the resolution as well. Obviously you need to watch the size of buttons and text for usability, but the displays look great!
  • Options
    I've had clients complain of slowness by using the AXD-IR+. We were using an Marantz RF remote convert to IR, then connected to the IR+, then into AMX, then out of AMX, IR to the device. Channel up can take up to 1 second to pulse after pressing the button.
    That IS the best alternative, but it just sucks that AMX forces us to learn new software programs and buy another companies products, especially when their competitor is doing it right. I do hope an RF version of the remote is in development that works off of a special AMX RF receiver. I love AMX, but they have been letting me and I think most of us resi guys down.
  • Options
    Why RF? Surely we can fit a wireless NIC card into a remote by now.. ;)

Kevin D.
  • Options
    Spire_Jeff wrote:
    Ohh ya, the 5" :) The units they had on display at the show were great. You have to love the resolution as well. Obviously you need to watch the size of buttons and text for usability, but the displays look great!
    Sounds just what I'm looking for my Multimedia rooms.