Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Cheap IR input to CC.

More a personal question here... I've got a 8.5" TP with video controlling my system and of course we mostly watch DSS and mostly use the DSS remote..

This works well as easy control of the most used device, but we really need some form of remote volume. I can assign the volume buttons on the DSS remote to any TV code or even some receiver codes. I'm looking for a way to get two IR codes (volume for a TV or receiver) initiate a push on AMX.

Best I could think is a simple IR receiver coded to certain codes, outputs to two contact closure outputs. Don't really have a way of doing that. My channel master IR controlled rotor has voltage output (up and down) and can respond to Pioneer CD track +/- commands, but that doesn't help much.

Anyone know of something like that? Even a solder yourself kit would be nice.

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    AMX makes a number of IR receivers that respond to their own remote, the codes for which you can download and learn into any learning remote. I've done this with Marantz remotes and the AMX TV control box to send PUSHes along to my master, and I did another job that was previously wired for IR only, where I sent unique codes for each room across this wiring to a single receiver interpreted by an Axcent3. It's a matter of how much you want to spend - the AMX IR receivers are a tad on the pricey side.
  • Options
    The only issue is the Dish remote can't learn anything. I can only set commands via 4 digit codes. I really need a 'learning' receiver!

Kevin D.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    shr00m-dew wrote:
    The only issue is the Dish remote can't learn anything. I can only set commands via 4 digit codes. I really need a 'learning' receiver!

Kevin D.
    Ah, I missed that in your original post somehow. I can't think of a thing that will help going that way. :(