Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

IR code send many times in one "click"

Hi!
Recently with Your help i managed to create my own IR file with working codes.
But now i encountered another problem.
Codes from my file are working, but it looks like every PULSE sends same code many times (for example +volume adds 2-3 "vol plus" in 1/10sec).

Is there a way to deal with "repeat" that is probably ON on AMX Controller ports?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    There might be more than one possibility as to why this happens.

The first might be the pulse time is too long. The default is 500ms. I can see this being a problem for volume (or anything you typically hold down while using a real remote.). How to deal with this depends on how you're coding.

If yours doing PULSE then you can change the pulse time. Search the help file for that command and how to use.

If your doing a TO to the IR device in code based upon the button on the UI you might be seeing some latency issues causing the button to get mashed down to long.

If you're using the SP command you need to adjust the CTON and CTOF times down a bit.

If the issue is indeed the repeat portion of the IR file itself you don't rally have a way in IREdit to modify

Hope that helps
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You can change how long the IR pulse repeats with the CTON command to the port. The default value is 5, which I usually find to be too long. I usually set it to 3, though a great number of devices still repeat unless it's down to 1. Keep in mind though, this ONLY takes effect if you use the SP command to send the IR, using PULSE completely ignores it. If it still repeats at 1, there is a kludge that might work:

ON[dvDevice, <IR Channel>]
    OFF[dvDevice, <IR Channel>]

Oddly enough, turning it on and immediately off again is faster than a CTON value of 1.

If it still repeats, your IR command is malformed and will need to be recaptured.
  • Options
    misioooomisioooo Posts: 12
    I am using PULSE.
    Also i have some fun with Pulse time - but 1 (1/10 of sec) still sends IR code twice or 3 times.
    I will try ON/OFF.

I also read some info about IR codes and from what i know in most IR codes is info about carrier freq and repeat, but my tries to change ir code manualy in raw format = failure :/
  • Options
    misioooo wrote: »
    I am using PULSE.
    Also i have some fun with Pulse time - but 1 (1/10 of sec) still sends IR code twice or 3 times.
    I will try ON/OFF.

I also read some info about IR codes and from what i know in most IR codes is info about carrier freq and repeat, but my tries to change ir code manualy in raw format = failure :/

Don't use PULSE. It ignores CTON settings, and it's a global value, so if you use the SET_PULSE_TIME keyword, it changes the pulse timing for EVERYTHING ... every IR port, the relays, anything that uses PULSE. It's way too prone to mistakes if you change it on the fly for every device; just use CTON to set the timing, and SP to send the IR. It will make your life very mush easier.
  • Options
    misioooomisioooo Posts: 12
    Yeah, You are right with global SET PULSE TIME. Too easy to forget about it and create mess.
    Unfortunatelly CTON set to 1 is too long... Still ir code is sent 2-3 times.

For all but one code
    ON[]
    OFF[]
    worked. It is much shorter time between ON/OFF than 1/10th sec.
  • Options
    Then the original code is captured too long. Recapture it or find a hex from the manufacturer. I had one remote that was so fussy to capture, the only way I could get the pulse short enough was to take it apart and use a wire across the circuit board lands. The rubber button hung too much when pressed, and no matter how quick I hit it, my capture was too long. Let me tell you, capturing a whole remote that ay is a royal pain.