Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Simple question: how to create multistate button in TPDesign4?

Hello, i'm trying to create multi-state button in TP Designer, but when i try to preview it with G4 Panel Preview, or even download files to panel, nothing happens - i.e. button doesn't change it's state, when i touch it. Can anybody, please, explain me "step-by-step", what should be done to create proper multi-state button (possibly with usage of Animation Wizard - as i did)?

Comments

• Hi Ilya
    Use the animation wizard, it will walk you thru the steps and worked the first time I tried it. There is also a training video for the TP4 available from the AMX website that is very helpful. :)
  • Also feedback, animate timings and auto repeat all have an impact on how the button behaves. Try one button and play with all of those things. And maybe try bounding box instead of active touch to help make sure you are getting a press.

Animation wizard is easy, but one mistake I have made a couple of times is a last state is same as first state - middle states are all correct, just had an extra state at the end from when it was a simple button. If animate time is 1, it is hard to catch right away.

Bill
  • Thank you all for answers - the solution was to change feedback value from "channel" to "momentary". The only bad thing is that i cannot assume, what this value (and "blink" value) mean. How do they affect programming of button events?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Feedback has no bearing at all on the programming of your button events, it's how the button itself responds to your program. Momentary means it will cycle through it's feedback states whenever pressed, and return to off when released. Blink (I think anyway, I never used it) means it will repeatedly go between on and off - whether all the time or only when pressed, I don't know. Channel means it will reflect what your program actually sends it (true feedback based on program state, while the others are a psuedo-feedback based on action on the button itself, no reflection at all on what is happening in the program).
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    As I recall, the blink feedback is off when the channel is off and cycles between off and on when the channel is on. I rarely use it, but it's nice when you need to grab the users attention (when not over used).

Jeff