Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Looking to Outsource HVAC Monitoring, Historical Data Storing, Graphing Module

(where is the $$$ thread icon?)

I am completely swamped and don't have anywhere NEAR enough time to start doing this myself. The request is from an existing customer who's system is about 3-4 years old. It consists of 3 masters, 28 touch panels, 14 R4s (grumble grumble), 2 card cages, and some other bells and whistles.

For HVAC he has 2 Infinity SAM modules running 3 Infinity furnaces that are separated into about 5 or 6 zones. He also has 5 VSTC and 2 Viewstats running in-floor heat zones.

He would like to start tracking HVAC usage and be able to pull up graphs and charts to look at the historical data of outdoor temperature vs indoor and overall HVAC usage including system idle time, fan time, etc.

We have a windows XP server in the rack, so I am thinking that the best approach might be to have AMX HVAC events out to the server and let the server parse the events into a database that it uses to serve up a webpage that the homeowner can view. Then that gives us the possibility of using dynamic images of graphs to be served up by the computer and displayed via dynamic images on the Moderos.

This is not a sciene-project. I would really like someone to create a module that I can pass all of the comm ports and axlink devices for the HVAC equipment into so the changes to the rest of the system are minimal. I am also looking for that same person to handle the windows and web aspects of the project so I do not have to manage multiple parties to provide a solution to the homeowner.

I am not dead set on the AMX -> Windows XP model, so please let me know if you have other ideas (or existing solutions) that will do what the homeowner is requesting.

Thank you,
Pete Whaley
952-292-5311
pete@advancedhome.biz