Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Intersting thoughts as to where amx is going in the future...

So after speaking to an upper tiered AMX guy, and now looking through the available jobs at AMX .. it makes me wonder whats up their sleeves.

I was asking questions recently about if java/duet would be taking a greater role in amx systems and although I was told no (not anytime soon atleast), I was told that come the 2nd quarter I will be very happy and surprised with new things to come...

In looking at jobs available, I see all the way from android developers to C# and Direct X, and other .Net technologies... Interesting seeing the programmer field jumping from all linux based systems to microsoft based..

Maybe im reading too much into this, but I hope to see something big in the near coming future.

Comments

• Options
    chillchill Posts: 186
    So after speaking to an upper tiered AMX guy, and now looking through the available jobs at AMX .. it makes me wonder whats up their sleeves.

I was asking questions recently about if java/duet would be taking a greater role in amx systems and although I was told no (not anytime soon atleast), I was told that come the 2nd quarter I will be very happy and surprised with new things to come...

In looking at jobs available, I see all the way from android developers to C# and Direct X, and other .Net technologies... Interesting seeing the programmer field jumping from all linux based systems to microsoft based..

Maybe im reading too much into this, but I hope to see something big in the near coming future.

"Happy and surprised" sounds promising. Moving closer to Microsoft and .NET sounds the opposite. And although it's only a few days old, the second quarter is indeed "upon us like a cheetah upon a gazelle."

And not to be pedantic, but last time I Netlinx ran on vxWorks, which is not Linux.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I am making no statements one way or another. But those things don't really tell much in that they all fall within the bounds of stuff they already do. All their current stuff uses all that stuff.