Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Using DXLink output on Digital Link (HDBaseT) Panasonic PT-VW431D projector

Has anyone else used the DXLink output of a DVX on any of the Panasonic Digital Link projectors (PT-VW431D/RZ470/RW430/RZ370/RW330)? I have a demo PT-VW431D and the video works great. I want to control it through the Digital Link connection but have not had any success since I can't get it to pull an IP. Has anyone else run into this or come up with a solution other than running a separate serial control? Here is the link to panasonic's page on this projector:

http://panasonic.net/avc/projector/products/vw431d/

From what I have read it should be possible to pull an IP across the DXLink connection and control the projector through IP.

Comments

• Options
    Look at: http://www.panasonic.net/avc/projector/support/digitallink_compatible_list/index.html#ppm-amx

It would work with Enova DVX series and DXLink transmiters, but it would't work with Enova DGX series.

From AMX Technology:
    "... AMX does not support direct connection of display devices via DXLink as a feature of the Enova DGX product ..."
  • Options
    Deleted--Sorry for the double post
  • Options
    That is really interesting, I like the idea of one less box to patch in, etc.

That said, I'm assuming you have DXLink ethernet enabled on the output port you're patching it out of? On a DVX, by default DXLink ethernet passthrough is disabled, as of recent firmware you can enable it from the web GUI, but I still send the command to the port in the switcher's online event via code:

SEND_COMMAND dvSWITCHER_PORT1,"'DXLINK_ETH-auto'"

Where dvSWITCHER_PORT1 is 5002:1:0 for output 1 on a DVX-3155, change for whichever output you're using.

Apologies if you already know this, I'm really curious if you get this working with control.

Hope this helps,
    Don
  • Options
    champchamp Posts: 261
    It's just ethernet so should work.
    If it can't pull ethernet through the DXLink cable then connect an ethernet cable to the projector from the LAN port on the DXLink Rx.
    If that doesn't work plug your PC into the LAN port on the DXLink Rx to check that ethernet is passing through.
    Don't forget to flip dip switches 1 and 3 up on the DXLink Rx.
  • Options
    champ wrote: »
    It's just ethernet so should work.
    If it can't pull ethernet through the DXLink cable then connect an ethernet cable to the projector from the LAN port on the DXLink Rx.
    If that doesn't work plug your PC into the LAN port on the DXLink Rx to check that ethernet is passing through.
    Don't forget to flip dip switches 1 and 3 up on the DXLink Rx.

The whole point of this is that you don't need a DXLink Rx with these projectors, it connects directly. One would hope that they support control over the Digital Link port, as every system I can imagine connecting to this thing (DXLink, ***tron DM, or Extron XTP) supports control.
  • Options
    champchamp Posts: 261
    Oh yeah, I had a brain fail.
    I imagine Chris got it working because he never posted again.
  • Options
    jneffjneff Posts: 25
    We had a demo unit also. Had to put the unit into IP mode only to get the IP initially, then changed it back and it worked.