Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MVP-900i battery fault

I`m really the only one, I can`t believe.
This week 3 faulty battery`s pops out the housing of MVP-9000i.
One did push the touch overlay 4 mm out and all did destroy the backplane by taking out the nut.
Different locations, 2 are used in a MVP-WDS-9 and one in a MVP-TDS-9.
All panels are sold in 2011, what happens?
I get a dejavu of MVP-5xxx series.

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Oh great, something else to look forward to! I guess I should hold off on buying a Tesla, don't think it would be cool driving down the highway when that 900lb battery pack decides to swell like your 3rd battery shoving my head through the roof. :)
  • tdewildtdewild Posts: 49
    Just drive without the hardtop ;)
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    I've been driving a battery car around since 2008 and still have a roof. Although... a convertible would be nice... :)

For any of you guys running 9000i's that spend the majority of their life on charge I would highly recommend bringing them up to the latest firmware. There's a few nice features in there that relate to battery conditioning and will help prevent this from happening. It will also give you some analytics on battery health that will help you detect if this is going to happen.
  • AMX_AMX_ Posts: 8
    AMX had problems with all batteries. Each touchpanel with batteries had the same problem.
    VPN-CP, MVP-5xxxx, MVP-8400, MVP-9000. Incomprehensible!

In addition, the batteries are more expensive than a tablet. But why?
    Why does the so expensive dockinstationen not regulate the charge right?

Hello AMX. have you an statement about this? Our clients are not amused about this!
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    PhreaK wrote: »
    I've been driving a battery car around since 2008 and still have a roof. Although... a convertible would be nice... :)

Here you go. Better get your order in to Santa :P