Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Axb-cd16

Hello, i have an AXB-CD16 device in the list of devices that should be bought for the home automation project, but no information about this device can be found at amx.com website. We suppose that there is a 16-channel high-voltage relay. Where can i get it's description? Is this product supported now? Or does anybody have any idea, what another 16-channel high-voltage relay can we buy?

Comments

• Nobody knows?
  • Ilya,

there are a lot of custom boxes out in the field, which are based on a AXP-CPI16 or NXP-CPI16 as the interface to the AMX system.

I never heared of a AXB-CD16. Any detailed description to that unit?

Kind regards,
  • Axp-cp16

The only model that this resembles to me is the AXP-CP16
    16-button custom panel back in the mid 90's.
  • do you have any information onhow to program AXP-CP16, i got a job that needs to interface this to an existing Radia dimmers, any idea on wiring and programming
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    There's full docs at AMX on the AXP-CP18, close as I can find to your request. It's a dry contact-to-axlink and axlink-to-relay item. Not real relay out, solid state low level closure, suitible for logic level or indicator lights or such switching.

Think of it as a bare 8 button softwire or MET keypad without buttons.... plus a 8 channel relay, all on axlink. We've used them a few times, they were available just a year ago but look like they are now discontinued. A variety of them used to be available in boxes and in different numbers of contacts, with slightly varying names. So this may be the family and of some use. Good luck.

Marketing page:
    http://www.amx.com/products/AXP-CPI8.asp

setup and documentation:
    http://www.amx.com//techdocs/0381035.pdf
  • Thank you so much John for the info.... do you have any sample Netlinx commands to use...

thanks again...
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    Thank you so much John for the info.... do you have any sample Netlinx commands to use...

thanks again...

The PDF referenced concludes:
    Use the same AXCESS commands as with other AMX AXlink control panels, such as the
    AXU-MSP series mini-softwire panels. When using the AXP-CIP8 as a control device, use
    On, Off, and Pulse commands to control sources connected to outputs and Push and Release
    commands to receive inputs.

These commands are the same in NetLinx... treat this like a MET7 for input (watch for pushes = closures on input terminals) and treat it the same as the NetLinx internal RELAY bank for output.
  • ok, thanks so much,,,,