Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Replacement for Sonance iPort ?

Hi,

As you probably know Sonance announced they are going to stop the iPort line of products. Some ideas for replacement ?
There is the Savant dock but unable to find any protocol ! I guess it can only be used with their own automation system.
The Marantz dock looks nice but none module, so lot of work to develop a control module.

Some suggestions ? ideas ?

Thanks,

Vince

Comments

• Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    vincen wrote: »
    As you probably know Sonance announced they are going to stop the iPort line of products.
    No, I didn't know this*, source please? iPortmusic.com does not have any press releases out for this year.

[SIZE=-2]*Not that I'm surprised.[/SIZE]
  • Options
    DavidRDavidR Posts: 62
    just checked with Sonance and they said they have no plans to discontinue the iPort line.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Could this be a confusion with -SONOS- dropping their iTouch/Phone dock?
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Well it was officially announced by their french distributor Pilote Films but it's very strange Sonance doesn't confirm the info. I'm going to ask the distributor where the info comes from !
  • Options
    Duncan EllisDuncan Ellis Posts: 155
    I've just started to include a Sonos zone player in my projects. iPhone can stream straight to it or you can use the line in as an audio input from another device.

Cheaper than i-port too!!
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    The french distributor has confirmed me both FS and IW line of iPort docks will be discontinued in the next few months :(