Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Multiple Axlinx Busses?

Greetings,

Does anyone know of a way to create a second Axlink bus in a Netlinx system? The second bus wold allow more than the 255 devices provided on the bus. I would assume it would be a hardware piece of equipment that would operate on another Netlinx port.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Not sure if this helps, but I am thinking that if you used two netlinx masters you could accomplish this. You could then split your programming between the two processors or simply use the second processor as an axlink bus multiplier.

The device declarations would look something like:

DEFINE_DEVICES
    dvAXLINK1 = 1:1:0
    dvAXLINK255 = 255:1:0
    dvAXLINK256 = 1:1:2
    dvAXLINK510 = 255:1:2

Assuming that you give the second processor a system ID of 2

I must say that I have never done this, but I have done similar things with Netlinx devices without problems.

Jeff
  • Options
    I've done this with multiple Netlinx masters to extend AXlink over fiber. The multiple masters only run a small module that makes sure the IP address/system numbers are correct, but otherwise run no code. All of the programming is in the primary master. Works like a champ.

--D
  • Options
    In my case, the multiple masters will on the same LAN. Not having worked on a multiple master system before, I think all I would need to do is give them different system numbers and have them in the connections list? Right? The code on my main master would just refer to the other master Axlink devices as axlinx_device:1:master_number

Thank you.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    In my case, the multiple masters will on the same LAN. Not having worked on a multiple master system before, I think all I would need to do is give them different system numbers and have them in the connections list? Right? The code on my main master would just refer to the other master Axlink devices as axlinx_device:1:master_number

Thank you.

Sounds like you have the idea. You only need to add the second processor to the first processors connection list and they will both be able to talk with each other. It really is a very easy to implement .... almost too easy ;)

Jeff