Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions
Options

Kramer Rs232 codes

hello all,

I have recently got a hold of a kramer VS-2216 stereo audio matrix and a VS-2516 programmable video matrix and was looking at how to control them via RS232 protocols. Can anyone give me help on the whole RS232 thing with these devices as i usually just use a relay control for the devices i have had in my system and am looking at updating it to use these two device. I am currently stull programming in the Axcess language as that is how old my system is!!
Thanks
Kevin Gray

Comments

• Options
    Protocols for the Kramer devices are all on the Kramer web site I think, unless it is very old.

From then on it is fairly standard, maybe if you can tell us a specific problem, we can help more.

Or maybe someone's got code working for it already?
  • Options
    well to be honest i am reasonably new to the whole amx thing but i will have a look at the kramer website and see if i can make head or tail of it, thanks
  • Options
    http://www.kramerelectronics.com/manuals.asp
    The manual you are looking for is called VS-251. It includes details for both the VS-2516 & VS-2216. You can hook the two together and control them both from one AMX serial port if you like. (Section 9.3 of the manual.) I suggest you play around with one to start with though.

A typical command that you would send from an Axcent system is:
    SEND_STRING dvMySwitcher, "$01,$85,$83"
    This switches video input 5 to output 3, assuming that dvMySwitcher is assigned to a serial port in the DEFINE_DEVICE section of your program.

Hope this helps,
    Roger.
  • Options
    thanks

thank you, that was great help as i was getting lost and then realised it was the wrong manual i was reading thats why! stupid me!