Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

NI-4000 rollback firmware

I have an NI-4000 that i updated to 3.60.53/1.30.8 (master/dev) that I want to use while my NI-3100 goes in for repair. Unfortunately it seems the 4000 doesn't have sufficient memory to run the firmware and my program so I want to roll it back to 2.38.??, (excuse the numbers, this is from memory) and an earlier dev firmware but I can't get rid of the 1.30.8 dev firmware no matter what I try. Earlier dev firmwares never complete and if I roll back the master firmware then my dev(5001) doesn't show online so I can't transfer anything to it. I've cleaned disk, loaded a blank program (w/ 1 NV var) and I can't figure out any way to rollback my dev firmware and while I can rollback the master so I can run my program I loose all physically connected devices, serial, IO, etc cuz my NI dev deosn't show up. Really annoying!

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Virtual Device?

Have you checked your virtual devices to make sure it's not in there?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    jjames wrote: »
    Have you checked your virtual devices to make sure it's not in there?
    Well right now I can't say with 100% certainty but I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the dynamic virtual range. The read me doc states that the NI dev won't appear in the tree anywhere if you first update the master's firmware to 3.60.453 until you load this dev firmware 1.30.8. It may have also said that if you load the dev firmware 1st it won't appear until the master firmware was then loaded. So if I rollback the master firmware 1st it I can't see the dev cuz it's running an incompatable version which I guess makes it invisible to ealier master fw versions. So I've tried to rollback the dev fw 1st but it loads and never finishes, just hangs saying load is complete, waiting for the device to finish which never does.

This really sucks since my NI-3100 went to a client, I tried to repair his bad cap but now it reboots every couple of minutes. I ordered a new NI3100 w/ 256 but it took AMX over a week to approve a dealer demo order cuz our new rep is unresponsive and now it's a back ordered item. It been 2 weeks now w/o a working shop master so I've tried everything to repair the bad 3100 and I going through hell trying to get this 4000 to work.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Can you load the program on another master for now that can handle the program and do M2M to the 4000? It might be slow but at lest it will work.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I do have an NI-700 kickin' around somewhere if I really need to program with out using a remote system but at this point I'm tired of wasting time. I could have had a new master today if AMX actually had an NI-3100/256 in stock.