Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

GE lighting

Just wondering if anyone has worked on a GE lighting system before. AMX does not have a module for any GE light
systems and after spending many hours on the phone with GE and getting tossed around to way too many departments and people I have yet to find any control information.

Comments

• nickmnickm Posts: 152
    GE is such a big conglomerate, with so many different products, I think you're going to have to be more specific as to which product line you're working with.
  • I haven't worked with any GE lighting systems before, but depending on the model you're dealing with it looks like they use LON or BACnet to interface with PC or automation systems. Here's a thread that has some info: http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?2858-BACNET-HVAC-Control-Interface

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any specific info in the thread, but you might be able to PM some of the folks in that thread if no one reponds. Like nickm suggested, a model number/product line of what you need to control may be helpful. Also may want to search for some LONworks or BACnet modules.

John