Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Random NXT-CV7 Lock-up

Hello.

I am posting here because I have run out of options.

I am not a typical AMX user. I have one building with 30 or so systems I have to maintain. I have recently encountered issues with 24 NXT-CV7 touch panels we purchased and deployed back in 2010. They have decided to lockup randomly.

I have my AMX and most other A/V equipment running on a 'semi'-private corporate network. They worked flawlessly for almost 2 years. Recently, my NXT-CV7's have started randomly locking up. They require a hard restart to get them to talk to the controller again. This network (VLAN) has been designed so that you must be in the building to access them. It has worked fine for two years until now.

Since I am a traditional IT man (converted for this assignment) I know a few things about networking. I have spent almost two months trying to track this issue down to no avail.

These NXT-CV7 panels are the ONLY ones affected. My wireless 5150's, my next gen MXT-701's and my NXT-1700VG RGB KIT panels have not had a single failure. Lucky for me (or Unlucky), the NXT-CV7 is my most prolific TP.

I know this is a shot in the dark but has anyone else encountered this type of issue with the NXT-CV7's before? I can cut them off from the network and they function flawlessly. I can even put them on their own VLAN where nothing else gets in and they don't get out (a network island) and they work flawlessly.

Soon, I will have to either point my finger at a network I don't trust or have them point the finger at my CV7's because there is something online they can't handle.

TO ALL CORPORATE NETWORK GENTS: I know we should keep our A/V gear off 'their' network but I MUST have remote access and management. Our department is too small. I need remote management and monitoring

To answer a few questions:

1. The code is NOT the same for all. Most are but some have significantly different functions.
2. Not all have the same monitoring code. Once this issue arose I reverted to code that was a year old and still they failed.
3. The code and config of these systems were running were not changed when this issue crept in. I was too busy working on a retrofit for our lecture capture systems when this became an issue. Time from code change to lock-up was at least 3 months.

Finally, forgive me but this isn't the most 'sharing' environment. I know I am not some cracker jack AMX programmer but I know my systems. This lock-up error occurred spontaneously. I have just spent all of what limited resources I have and I am hoping those of you that work in all sorts of environments have some suggestions.

Thanks and please be kind.

Gesch

Comments

• banobano Posts: 173
    Try setting masters and panels to 10 Half Duplex.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    Do you do any video streams that are shown on the panels? We've seen that lock up panels if the stream isn't clean. Some model panels and not others.

Have you telneted to the panels and turn on messages, and log them til they die? Might tell something. That's how we determined that some panels hated the 9100a video stream boxes. Others complained in telnet but never quit.