Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

How to implement key-by-key reading of virtual keyboard

Hi - I've got a Windows Media Center PC that I'm passing commands to via MCE Controller. I'd like to be able to have the TP on-screen keyboard pass keystrokes as they're pressed, rather than in a single buffer after the user touches "done."

I've never done this before and am wondering what the best way is. I couldn't get a quick answer in the documentation. I saw the ^KPS but am not sure what they mean when they refer to the "G4 application" vs the Master. Anyhow, before I start banging on this I figured I'd see if others had a best practice. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    What you'll probably have to do is create your own buttons that don't use the built in keyboard codes. That way, when the button is pressed, you can send the character to the computer using the button event. I haven't done this myself, so take it for what its worth.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Yeah, you can't do it with the built-in keyboard/pad. They only send a string to the master on the Done or Enter button. If you want the same look and feel, copy them from the system pages ... though all the shift states will be a pain if you need to include them. Most times you don't, and can just copy what you need.