Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Modero calibration problem

Hi,

I have noticed the following problem in NXT-1200V panels:

I have made a couple of panel layouts with the panel builder. In these panels there is a navigation bar which has quite small (low height) buttons. The factory set up calibration is not accurate enough and it is pretty hard to hit these buttons in right area. I've have tried to re-calibrate the panel and noticed that the calibration must be made above the two crosshairs, otherwise the panel calibrates erratically and buttons have to be pushed below the right area. I have now made re-calibration so many times that I have learned the right calibration spot - it's about 5 mm above the crosshairs. Problem occurs only in vertical calibration.

I've had this problem with all four 1200V panels I've used so far, so the reason can't be a faulty panel (unless all 1200V panels are faulty when they go out from the stock!)

Has anyone of you had a same problem?

-Kari-

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    My experience is that this is a product of the thickness of the touch sensitive glass wafers and the optical effects of their seperation from the actual display. It varies with your viewing angle. I have made it a point to do all my calibrations making certain I am looking square at the panel, and for in-walls I give the customer a calibration button to allow for height variations. Calibration also seems to be volatile, and resets when new panel screens are loaded (but not on a power cycle). My experience, however, is limited to the CV and MVP series Modero's, I haven't gotten to use the 1200's at all yet.
  • Options
    Hi,

thanks for the reply. I always take care of that I'm looking straight to the screen when making a calibration. I know that the viewing angle may affect a calibration dramatically.

This problem seems to be typical to 1200 panels, as we earlier used a lot of CV12 panels and I never have run into this problem with them (and not with MVPs either).

By the way, I didn't know that calibration is volatile, I have to keep that in mind in the future.
  • Options
    ImpaqtImpaqt Posts: 155
    I always calibrate with a Stylus rather than a finger. Havent had any issues like you on buttons at all.. But then again, I dont have any real small buttons either... with 12" of space, there really is no need to have tiny buttons.
  • Options
    Yeah, you're right about the fact that it's not necessary to use such small buttons. In my case they were created automatically in PanelBuilder application, when I used the "Cubic Control" layout.

I think the whole idea in that navi bar in that layout is that it takes only a small vertical space on the panel leaving a lot of room for other buttons. Just now I checked the height of these navi buttons, they are 34 pixels high and I think that it should be enough to hit on the right spot.

I can always make bigger buttons but that doesn't change the fact that panels are calibrated incorrectly. If there are two bigger buttons very close to each other it's still possible to hit the wrong spot - this time it only happens to be the other button :-)

I calibrated all panels with a stylus.
  • Options
    shanemshanem Posts: 28
    Hi,
    Has anyone experienced a problem with modero touchpanels whereby it just loses calibration completely? i.e. it wont respond to any button push (no page flips or anything), yet it is still online? This has happened me 2 or 3 times in the last year or so (most recently with a CV7) and the only way to fix it is to recalibrate the tp. I have no idea why it happens or what causes it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Shane
  • Options
    I had this happen last week, even when I sent the raw 'calibrate' command via studio it would start and completely calibrate itself without me touching it.
    It took me awhile but whatever was wrong corrected itself(I hope) or maybe it was the 10 pound sledge hammer.
  • Options
    alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    I've had the problem with the panels losing calibration as well. Aparently everytime the panel boots it reloads calibration so there's a chance every time that happens for it to lose calibration.

That being said the couple cases I've had with the panels losing calibration coincided with power outages and involved panels in docking stations so it seems they were probably getting a spike through the docking station. Consequently we're now putting docking station power supplies on UPS's.
  • Options
    shanemshanem Posts: 28
    Thanks guys,
    It seems you might have a point alexanbo. It turns out one of the devices at the main rack where the NXI is situated was powered off. Hopefully this is more than a coincidence. I will follow this up with the client. Maybe a UPS is what is needed.
    Cheers