Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

Need help with Autonomic MMS-2 module

I am working on a project and first time programming Autonomic MMS-2. I am using the module from their website but how do you initiate the connection to the server? There was no help document with the module and I am confused at this point. I saw that ON channel event on the vdv is what triggers the connect command. I turned it on in define start of my main program and it did nothing. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I'm not sure of the module per se but when do you start the routine in the Define_Start section. You might be trying to soon.
  • Options
    I think my issue is that I don't know what the routine is to start it. I have the define module statements at the end of my define_start section. But the connection is not being started. Thru emulate a device I tried turning on channel 1, channel 100 and connection is not being initiated.
  • Options
    Hmmm. That doesn't sound right. I will say that I couldn't use the Automonics module myself. It doesn't do multiple panels very well. I wrote my own. But I do not remember there being an establish connection command. Usually comm modules kinda do this themselves. You might want to post your code. Perhaps your just missing something goofy.

Just paste your code here between a code marker like this
    Here's some code

• Options
    Thanks Eric, yep it was def something goofy on my end. I got so used to using duet modules that I defined the MMS2 as a duet. Finally my eyes opened this morning and I realized what I was doing wrong. Thank you for your assistance.
  • Options
    I'm glad it worked out! :)