Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

IREDit failing to load?

Hello,

I opened up IREdit for the first time in several months, and was surprised to be presented with an error message:
Application has generated an exception that couldn not be handled.
Process id=0x804(2052), Thread id=0x1554 (5460).

When I click ok, IREdit closes, and if I click cancel to debug, it tells me I don't have the JIT debugger (Visual Studio) installed. Has anyone else experienced this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled IREdit, but the same problem exists. I am running XP SP3.

Comments

• Does anyone have an already-edited (pulse times reduced to 1 or 2) directv dvr IR file that could be emailed to me? Without iredit, I can't reduce the pulse time of the file I already have.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    CTON and CTOFF don't work?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    ericmedley wrote: »
    CTON and CTOFF don't work?

They won't sometimes if the code was captured badly in the first place. I've seen captures that would double pulse no matter how short you set CTON and CTOFF, and I've seen captures that wouldn't stay on no matter what you set the pulse time to (too short).

That said, I have a generic DirecTV file that has yet to fail me, though I haven't updated it in years (haven't needed to either). I'll email it if your email is public, otherwise PM it to me.

Actually, why email? Said file attached.
  • truetrue Posts: 307
    I sent him a PM with a clean IR file. Yeah, should have just attached it. DirecTV is prone to skipping with bad codes and starts repeating right around 500ms, enough to cause fits by default on AMX :)
  • Thanks!

Thanks True and D! I'll be attempting this today.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »

They won't sometimes if the code was captured badly in the first place. I've seen captures that would double pulse no matter how short you set CTON and CTOFF, and I've seen captures that wouldn't stay on no matter what you set the pulse time to (too short).

That said, I have a generic DirecTV file that has yet to fail me, though I haven't updated it in years (haven't needed to either). I'll email it if your email is public, otherwise PM it to me.

Actually, why email? Said file attached.

I suppose so...

I can say that DirecTV broke stuff when they sent their firmware update back in 2009. They used to have about a 2 second delay when you'd mash down the directionals or chan/vol up down. Under two seconds would just go one step at a time. After two seconds or more and it would then start going up/down faster.

People were apparently complaining to DTV about perceived slow response to these type things and changed the hold time from 2 seconds to 0.5. (Isn't that handy sice all three of the major control systems default pulse time is 0.5 seconds). Also, a lot of the captures are long enough to go over the mark. It would then just watch for and end of code with no beginning of code within 0.5 seconds. Of course, an exactly 0.5 second pulse would never initiate the DTV box to stop scrolling.

I had to recapture the DirecTV remote using a pencil on the button and tapping the eraser with the palm of my hand to get a short enough capture on those buttons.