Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software

Single processor running multiple rooms on RMS

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a large project with RMS management. I'm using Duet modules and all the standard RMS monitoring modules and power status modules which are working very well.

I'm about to move on to the rooms that have multiple spaces controlled by a single NI-3100, and have begun to think about how this is actually done in relation the the RMS modules, as for single processors for single rooms you define the RMS module and then connect this to all the device modules and the room power state etc...

Do I simply define multiple versions of the RMS module, and then attach the relevant device modules to the relevant RMS module?

I'll be trying it sometime this week, but any advice in advance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy.

Comments

• Hi Andy,

If we are talking about RMS Enterprise (4.0 or higher) then you don't instantiate multiple RMS module instances. Instead you register all devices just as if it were a single room. All your assets/devices will show up in the location (room) associated as the default location for this RMS client gateway instance. Once registered, then you can simply re-locate (move) the assets/devices that you wish to to alternate locations directly in the RMS web administrative pages (under Asset Management). You would need to create each of the alternate locations ahead of time. Once the asset/device has been moved to a new location, the asset will report all updates and status based on its new location. Any touch panel assets that you re-locate will display information about the new location after the relocation has been completed. Touch panels that have been relocated will also allow users to submit help and maint. requests on behalf of the new location.

So its not a programming effort at all, just a configuration effort in the admin web pages to move the assets to alternate locations.

Thanks,
    Robert
  • Thanks Robert. That goes some way to assisting me. However, I also need to utilise the room powering up and powering down functionality to allow the administrators to power the individual rooms up and down as required as well as set the mode for the room and use scheduling. Is this possible?

Thanks again.

Andy.
  • Thanks, Robert as I am about to embark on the same mission. The one question I have is there is a default asset called "System" which holds some parameters and where I setup general system methods (mode recall, room preset recall, system power off, etc). Is it recommended to avoid this completely with multiple rooms and manually create a room asset per say for each room defined?
  • cnielsen wrote: »
    Thanks, Robert as I am about to embark on the same mission. The one question I have is there is a default asset called "System" which holds some parameters and where I setup general system methods (mode recall, room preset recall, system power off, etc). Is it recommended to avoid this completely with multiple rooms and manually create a room asset per say for each room defined?

​I would say yes. I use to create a virtual device for each room where I store the global parameters and functions for each room.
  • nicolaunicolau Posts: 40
    andycowan wrote: »
    Thanks Robert. That goes some way to assisting me. However, I also need to utilise the room powering up and powering down functionality to allow the administrators to power the individual rooms up and down as required as well as set the mode for the room and use scheduling. Is this possible?

Thanks again.

Andy.

Does anyone have a solution for this while using a single master and multiple locations (powering up and down each room for example)?
  • nicolaunicolau Posts: 40
    For an example, if we have the same master on two rooms, how to have RMS to turn room 1 or room 2 on/off if a vdvRMS is declared only once and this event is captured on the master on BUTTON_EVENT[vdvRMS,27] //SYSTEM POWER ON or BUTTON_EVENT[vdvRMS,28] //SYSTEM POEWR OFF? How to have the two rooms separated? Source usage should be separated automatically when we allocate the devices, correct?