Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

touchpanel resets after firmware updates

I recently updated my Viewstat thermostat, NI-3100, and NXT-CV10 firmwares to the latest and greatest available. Ever since, the CV10 resets a few times a day. Has anyone else had similar issues or have any suggestions?

Eric

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Recent panel firmware has a new "feature" that reboots the panel after a few moments without a network connection. This appears to be AMX's solution for WIFI panels that drop offline, but is now in all the firmwares. It might help a panel get a clean start after losing the network, but it can really be annoying.

This might or might not be what you are seeing, of course.
  • I'm not using WiFi and did not make any other changes to files other than the firmware on all 3 devices. I never had network issues either.
    Would rolling back to an earlier panel firmware be advisable?

Thanks,
    Eric
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Advisable if for no other reason as to eliminate it as a cause.
    It's trivial to back down the panel firmware, and if the problem stops, there you are.
    You need to weigh whatever is improved in any new firmware against what it costs in memory, performance, side effects, limits, etc. and you won't know if you don't try.

Ad by the way, don't revert them all at once. The more variables you juggle at once, the less you can tell which is responsible for any change.
  • So, I rolled back firmware on NVT-CV10 from 2.86.38 to 2.86.29 and I have not had a panel reset since. I also called AMX, they said to do an RMA, there must be something wrong with the panel. I find it odd that I never had issues until updating to the latest firmware.

Eric