Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

*.xdd driver not working

Hi guys!
Does anyone have an experience of making *.xdd driver work?
I have downloaded the BenQ_Video_Projector_W1070_W1080ST_1.0.0.xdd driver from AMX tech zone.
It uses the same SNAPI channels, levels and commands for controlling as regular duet module. The difference is initialization.
Here it is.

DEFINE_DEVICE
dvSerialPort = 5001:1:0
vdvMyDevice = 41003:1:0

DEFINE_VARIABLE
CHAR MyXDDFile[] = 'BenQ_Video_Projector_W1070_W1080ST_1.0.0.xdd'

DEFINE_MODULE 'DeviceDriverEngine' MyDevice(vdvMyDevice, dvSerialPort, MyXDDFile)

That's all.
I added the driver itself in module section but it appeared in "Other". Fine.
After uploading and rebooting OnLine tree doesn't show the 41003 device and I can't even send anything to the "driver" to check if it works.
Please advice. I'm new to the device discovery drivers. AMX's site search didn't help.

Comments

• champchamp Posts: 261
    If device 41003 isn't coming online then that is the first issue you need to address.

Make sure you have the current firmware installed and up your duet memory by telnetting into the master and typing SET DUET MEM, then set it to the maximum value until you have the virtual device coming online, then you may wish to wind the duet mem back a bit.

After that is working look in the masters web interface in the System area > Manage Devices tab and play around there.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Hey karageur, I'm assuming that your system compiled, which means you have the device driver engine so it sounds like you're all up to date there. This is a jar file that will transfer with your system and run the device driver. For it to work just ensure that you are also sending jar's with your file transfer as if this is disabled there'll be nothing for your master to run.

If you still don't have any luck there have a look if your master is telling you if it's missing anything or things are breaking on boot. To do this, telnet or SSH in and run 'show log all'. This will spit out everything since boot and will be a good place to start looking for any potential issues.
  • Thanks guys!
    I use the latest firmware 4.1.4.
    Tried SET DUET MEM to 30 MB and master locked up after reboot - had to turn it back.
    Now there are 8 mb free of duet memory & 14 mb of volatile.
    It doesn't seem to be the cause.
    Still no 41003.
    Jar files that can be manually added are common duet modules from amx site (like *.xdd driver).
    Strange - there is nothing on amx site about device discovery or xdd.
    These are the files that being transferred from Studio to master.

Has the projector to be physically connected to rs232 port so the driver to come up?
    Does the xdd driver show instantly in normal situation in online tree?
  • I found on web face - "Manage Devices" - "Device option" under "+ DeviceDriverEngine" that the driver was transferred - Unknown Unknown | 41003:1:0 | 5001:1:0 | BenQ_Video_Projector_W1070_W1080ST_1.0.0.xdd
    But still no virtual device.
  • Maybe someone has an experience working with xdd drivers and can share if please?
  • The only cause, I have found, for Duet Devices not showing in the Online Tree is old firmware.
    Verify the firmware on the master.

Just My $0.02...
    FTP into the master, create a directory called drivers, drop the xdd file there, reboot and the virtual device will come online.

I just tried it and got 41001 online.
    I see why you are having troubles, documentation is somewhat lacking.
    I have used Dynamic device Discovery before but never with an XDD file and can't find any documentation about it.
  • champ wrote: »
    FTP into the master, create a directory called drivers, drop the xdd file there, reboot and the virtual device will come online.

I just tried it and got 41001 online.
    I see why you are having troubles, documentation is somewhat lacking.
    I have used Dynamic device Discovery before but never with an XDD file and can't find any documentation about it.

champ,
    you're genius! it works!
    one more secret was revealed.
    +100 thanks champ and thanks everyone!

Has anyone else ever had a problem and searched the forums to find they had already solved it for someone else.

Ha aha, thanks me. I wonder how I figured that out in the first place :)