Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Netlinx Studio integrated "file transter" won't open!

When I press to the "file Transfer" icon on the toolbar or on menu :"Tools -> File Transfer", I receive immediatly an error message (see attached pictures).

I'm using NS rel 3.4.908 but the same error was already present on the previous release (the software update didn't solved).

The file transfer has always worked, but, I can't recall why, I started to see the error message in every attempt to run it.

I can run File Transfer 2 without problem, and I also checked in the windows (OS=win7 64bit) registry to see if there was something wrong, even compared with the registry of another PC (that was working fine).

I can't find the cause ! Do you have any suggestion ? Probably if I delete (uninstall) the current release and I install it again I have a good chance to fix it, but this is the last test I would do.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    You ms need to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. A&R. Are you using Web Update to installNS?
  • Options
    TorbidoniTorbidoni Posts: 20
    The issue I have had was during use (it was NS 3.3) and not during (or immediately after) the update. Sometimes I use "web update" for updates, not always. When I tried to solve the problem, however, I've also tryed to reinstall the 3.4.908 over the 3.4.908 using the .exe file, but nothing has changed.
    So the complete "story" is this :
    1) I was working with NS 3.3
    2) From one day to another, the File Transfer stops working
    3) I updated from 3.3 to 3.4.908 (I don't recall how, maybe using Web Update)
    4) The File transfer still non working
    5) I've tryed to reinstall 3.4.908 over 3.4.908 using the file
    6) Still the same.

Maybe, yes, it's time to remove NS.
  • Options
    Update

NS 3.5.908 removed from system (uninstall) and then replaced with NS 3.5.960 and.......nothing changed, always the same error while I try to open the file transfer.
    What's next ? "Format C:" ? :-o
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Have you called tech support on this?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've never run across that with NS, but that particular type of error looks like a DLL mismatch. Did the problem start after installing something else? I would uninstall, manually wipe any leftovers in the folder, and reinstall.
  • Options
    I didn't call the support yet because I was waiting to do the uninstall/reinstall test.
    I'm not pretty sure about the uninstalling test because after the reinstalling I've found all the settings I did in the old NS, so maybe not all the file and settings have been removed !
    About the DLL, that's what I think one of the main cause like something on the registry: That happened after installing some other software ? I don't remember exactly, but, to have an idea, I install new programs/drivers at a rate of about one or two per week, for testing or just to "talk" with new devices.... Maybe one of the monitor/mixer/switcher driver caused the issue on a NS dll. Do I have to clean the system registry after NS uninstall ? Do I have to uninstall ALL the AMX software on my PC (hope NO, I'll never find the time) ?
    Thanks to all for the answers.