Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Happy Birthday AMX Forum

It?s been a little over a year since the official AMX forum was launched and I want to take a few moments out to thank the administrator (Suzanne) and the forum members who make this place happen. I also want to give a big thumbs up to the AMX employees who take the time to chime in on here from time to time. I know I?ve learned a great deal in the last year from reading the board and I?m sure others have also.

Thanks again to everyone involved,
Joe

Comments

• Thank You!!

And may I say a big "thank you" to everyone who uses the forums and keeps it an open, friendly resource for sharing information. I am proud to say that we set an AMX forums record last month for visits to the site, and are well on our way this month to beating that record. Please continue to share with us and the AMX community your thoughts, tips, wish lists, gripes and whatever else comes to mind. Your continuing support and feedback is of immeasurable worth.

Thanks again!
    Suzanne Youngblood
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I've said this before and I think it's worth repeating that the forums is one of AMX's best idea's in a really long time. It has greatly increased my networking with other programmers, etc and allows me to view other tricks and styles of others and apply them in my systems. Good call remembering the date when this all started Joe! :D
  • pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    I only just signed up recently, but being a forum veteran (admin 4 others - one with 10,000 + users) I can say it is definetely the common aim that makes this place friendly.

Good work to all involved :)
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    10 years

I think my calendar must be broken because it says here that a decade has passed since AMX opened the doors to the forum. Has it been 10 years already? Doesn’t seem possible.

I may be in denial of aging but there’s no denying that this forum is an invaluable AMX resource full of awesome intelligent folks. Happy Birthday forum. Make a wish…
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Huzzah! Yes indeed! Happy birthday to the forum and thanks to AMX for providing this valuable service? Thanks to all who participate and share your valuable expertise and thanks for the professional and personal friendships fostered and nurtured here.

E
  • 10 Years

I am glad Joe is keeping track.

You may find out next week that there are a few more new things to learn.
  • B_Clements, Netlinx related or AMX Product related?

It would be nice to see some big things for Netlinx.

I just started working with the other companies Studio stuff and it has a lot of improvements for productivity.
    And then you add in the ability to use S#/C#...
  • InfoComm 2014

I was going to say "it's going to be big," however we used that tease last year.

Instead, check out this video > http://youtu.be/Cb851pUEkF8
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Happy Birthday Dear Forum. You're a teenager now. I've been here since you were born. Please don't leave.
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Dear Forum. You're a teenager now. I've been here since you were born. Please don't leave.

HAHA! I second that emotion.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    A teenager who doesn't respect their parents, does what they want regardless of what's best for the family nor wants to be part of the family business. Some teenagers make it hard to love them but you do anyway even though you may not really like them anymore.
  • Just yesterday I noticed I've been here for almost 11 years. Time flies when you're having fun, hey?
    Just yesterday I noticed I've been here for almost 11 years. Time flies when you're having fun, hey?

Joined: 07-06-2006 - and actually longer, as I was under a different login name prior to that. Where does the time go?