Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

NSX*4*and 3*side by side ?

Did someone installed the new NSX 5 that adds support for new controlers and panels but drop support of old systems (Axcess). Is it possible to keep NSX 3 and install NSX 4 aside ? any issues ?

Thanks

Vincèn

Comments

• Options
    kennethkkennethk Posts: 86
    Ive installed NS-4 (and updated to latest NS-3) last week. Havnt played much with NS-4, but all my old NS3 programs lookd like they where converted... I was still able to open "old" files in NS3, actually do some changes and upload to a real system. Not a big test, but no problems either.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have both running. I need to keep NS3 because I still maintain some Axcess masters, but 4 has done just fine with my Netlinx systems. Didn't even have to change the text colors, etc.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I have both running. I need to keep NS3 because I still maintain some Axcess masters, but 4 has done just fine with my Netlinx systems. Didn't even have to change the text colors, etc.
    When you installed NS4 did it install automatically as a separate application ? or did it try to update your existing NS3 ?

Thanks
  • Options
    nielsynielsy Posts: 32
    it's not updating NS 3.
    So it create a separate installation, after installing you can use both. ( 3 and 4 )
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    nielsy wrote: »
    it's not updating NS 3.
    So it create a separate installation, after installing you can use both. ( 3 and 4 )
    Thanks for confirmation ;)