Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software

What to do in netlinx with multiple lamps

Hi guys,

I'm not very experianced with RMS but my first projects are in service.
I'm struggling with this;
When i have a projector with multiple lamps, and a module in netlinx code, how do i get the info of both lamps in RMS?
Ofcourse, i could write the code for this projector only, but i rather use code that is more compatible with the 'amx-standard'. My netlinx code could also communicate the lamp hours over 2 ports (33001:1:0 and 33001:2:0). The SNAPI-command is ?LAMPTIME and not ?LAMPTIME-1 or something like that.

How do you do this? I tried, but i get in trouble with other RMS-SDK modules like common monitor and NLSnapicomponents which won't handle vdvVirtual device arrays.
Do you use a lot of the RMS-SDK?

I'm just curious how other people use RMS.

Comments

• NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    I would recommend using a custom RMS projector module with a second lamp feedback
  • cmatkincmatkin Posts: 86
    Hi erwinm,

I add all of the lamp hours as custom parameters, then update the "real" lamp hours with the highest lamp hour.
    This way the rms reports will give you the highest lamp hr for a projector. The projector asset will have al 4 lamp hours.

regards
    Craig
  • NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    cmatkin wrote: »
    Hi erwinm,

I add all of the lamp hours as custom parameters, then update the "real" lamp hours with the highest lamp hour.
    This way the rms reports will give you the highest lamp hr for a projector. The projector asset will have al 4 lamp hours.

regards
    Craig

awesome idea!