Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Password protect popup pages in G5

Did we lose the ability to password protect popup pages with the G5 touch panels, or am I missing something obvious? In G4 we could password protect any button we wanted, now it looks like you can only do it for actual page flips.

Comments

• vincenvincen Posts: 526
    mstocum wrote: »
    Did we lose the ability to password protect popup pages with the G5 touch panels, or am I missing something obvious? In G4 we could password protect any button we wanted, now it looks like you can only do it for actual page flips.
    We already lost the integrated keypad/keyboard features in G4 so I guess now you have to do all in programming :( That's the future by AMX.... New products, less features...
  • mstocummstocum Posts: 120
    vincen wrote: »
    We already lost the integrated keypad/keyboard features in G4 so I guess now you have to do all in programming :( That's the future by AMX.... New products, less features...

Yeah...it's something I can code for myself, but it was nice to not have to. It wouldn't be so bad if the Netlinx library had been updated sometime in the past decade to include things like HTTP (not even talking HTTPS here), or if the language supported little conveniences like closures. Especially when Extron is announcing a new programming environment that uses Python. Or if the Java environment didn't cost do damn much, have no documentation, and was still stuck J2SE 1.4 if you hack in the new JARs.
  • mstocum wrote: »

Yeah...it's something I can code for myself, but it was nice to not have to. It wouldn't be so bad if the Netlinx library had been updated sometime in the past decade to include things like HTTP (not even talking HTTPS here), or if the language supported little conveniences like closures. Especially when Extron is announcing a new programming environment that uses Python. Or if the Java environment didn't cost do damn much, have no documentation, and was still stuck J2SE 1.4 if you hack in the new JARs.

Yeah, and if they would fix a command to stop the IP_CLIENT_OPEN connecting when there is no answer so it wasn't locked for the pre-defined try time which is 70-90sec depending on FW version.