Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

AMX + RTI Remote 2-Way Module/Driver Now Available

Would you like to use an RTI remote (e.g. T2x) for 2-way communication with an AMX system and also treat that RTI remote much the same as you would an AMX MIO-R4 remote? Now you can with this combination AMX Netlinx Module and RTI Driver which leverages the strengths of both technologies.

You are no longer limited to using RTI remotes to generate AMX channel codes 1-255 via IR or RF. No longer do you need to write your own protocol to link AMX and RTI together.

Now you can define an RTI remote just as you would any other TP device (including multiple ports) except that you use a virtual device number instead of a real one. From there on you use standard AMX Netlinx commands and all communication is IP.

Use RTI Driver Commands to:
Generate PUSH, HOLD, and RELEASE button events for any channel on any port.
Generate STRING events for any Port.

Use standard AMX Netlinx commands to:
Control RTI button feedback using channel code variables with standard ON/OFF channel commands.
Send text to RTI buttons using address code variables with standard ^TXT- SEND_COMMANDs.
Control levels for RTI bar graph objects with standard SEND_LEVEL commands.
Generate RTI page flips with standard PAGE- SEND_COMMANDs.

The zip file from the link below contains a fully documented sample AMX demo project and an RTI demo system file (please read *Get Info* for the AM_Comm.rtidriver) which together will help to get you up and running in minutes.

Best of all you can try before you buy. The RTI driver is fully functional for 60 minutes after which it will stop working if a valid license key is not found. Reboot the RTI XP processor to extend the trial.

Please download from here.

Thanks!

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    What's the cost if we decide to buy? Per system or lifetime usage? I thought it used to be you had to send or initial send commands via RF to wake up the wi-fi and then you could RX/TX over IP or something like that.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    vining wrote: »
    What's the cost if we decide to buy? Per system or lifetime usage? I thought it used to be you had to send or initial send commands via RF to wake up the wi-fi and then you could RX/TX over IP or something like that.

Cost is $150.00 per RTI XP processor. You send me the MAC address of the XP processor and then I send you a license key for that processor. You enter that license key into as many driver instances (you need 1 per remote) that you want on that XP. Cost is the same. And as noted above you can try it out for free.

AMX does not talk to the RTI remote directly, it can?t. There is an IP connection between AMX NI/NX and the RTI XP which is where the driver code lives. The XP handles the comms to the remote.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Can't wait to check this out!
  • I have used this module a few times and works well.:)