Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Axis Door Video Intercom A8004-VE - Integration?

Just curious if anyone has had the luxury of integrating and programming for the A8004-VE from Axis? http://www.axis.com/se/sv/products/axis-a8004-ve/ It's basically a video door intercom with SIP capabilities... I am just hoping we can use this to "talk" directly to TPControl on some iPads (like a door bell ringing) and alert the homeowner that someone is at the door; then giving the homeowner the option to grant access via closing a contact-closure on the A8004-VE.

I am in no way an expert on SIP and am still licking my wounds after trying to work with the MET-ECOM hardware (so simple, yet so terrible).

If someone has a module for sale, I'd appreciate finding out about it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624

You would need a SIP server I would think. TPC has upgraded their app recently and added a SIP client, which would then make it useful for AMX clients that have a CSG unit (now discontinued), or another SIP server. Without a SIP server, I don't think you are going to get much audio out of that door station.
    Paul
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    The CSG was a rebranded Digium Asterisk Appliance but I think if you just want an internal intercom solution you can run Astrrisk on a PC or NAS like Synology or QNap.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Have a look at the Grandstream UCM6102. We are currently using it for our office VoIP system and it work well with AMX panels, TPC and many other products.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Have a look at the Grandstream UCM6102. We are currently using it for our office VoIP system and it work well with AMX panels, TPC and many other products.

+1 on the Grandstream products. We use the Grandstream GXV3500 IP Video Encoder/Decoder lately for IP video-to-AMX panel (and TPC) display (not VOIP). Not high resolution, but adequate at a really good price point (under $100). It has some unique features that can provide new opportunities, including mic and audio, built in motion sense and email w/image on event (motion or external dry contact), and even reverse-encoding (converting backwards - a specified ip video stream into a composite video output). They have other models (maybe going out of production) with 4 inputs too. You can even buy these on AMAZON.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    By the way, there are a lot of affordable IP speakers and accessories that work with a VOIP controller for public address (including 2-way intercom for shop floor/yard, etc.) and such.
  • ****TurnipTruck wrote: »**
    Have a look at the Grandstream UCM6102. We are currently using it for our office VoIP system and it work well with AMX panels, TPC and many other products.**

Hello,
    A customer of mine has installed a GrandStream SIP server and he is trying to register some AMX panels
    ( NXD-700i and NXD-1000Vi ) as well as some ipads through TPControl with no success. As he told me, after made a panel SIP settings, it freezes and reboots !! When getting into the SIP page again, the settings have been disappeared.
    Which panels have you used with Grand Stream SIP ? Is it something that he may do wrong ?