Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Maximum Number of EXB-REL8 ICSLan Relay Interface for NX3200

Hi, I would like to find out what is the Maximum Number of EXB-REL8 ICSLan Relay Interfaces I can deploy for a single NX3200 processor.

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    My guess would be it's only limited by the total number concurrent IP devices connected to your master. If I recall that's 200 but that number has reservations for M2M and other stuff so I forget the real usable number. I can't think of anything else that would limit the number used.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I believe the stated max number of concurrent IP connections per master is something like 200. However, I've found that performance is pretty sketchy well before that. A lot has to do with so many other factors such as size/complexity/spendiness of your program, number of duet modules (if any), network traffic, quality of infrastructure, types of IP connections to the master, etc... . As a rule of thumb I try to keep the number of connections below 50-75 if possible and more realistically 30-50.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I believe the stated max number of concurrent IP connections per master is something like 200. However, I've found that performance is pretty sketchy well before that. A lot has to do with so many other factors such as size/complexity/spendiness of your program, number of duet modules (if any), network traffic, quality of infrastructure, types of IP connections to the master, etc... . As a rule of thumb I try to keep the number of connections below 50-75 if possible and more realistically 30-50.
    There was a good thread about that a while back, some of which I understood. :) If I recall the net amount of devices was closer to what your experience is. I would search for it and reboot my brain with a fresh read but ..................
  • RoystonRoyston Posts: 5
    Thank you all for your input. Appreciate it!