Home AMX User Forum MODPEDIA - The Public Repository of Modules for Everyone

Cisco SX80 module $$

Anyone have a solid block of code or module of to control ta Cisco SX80? It must have RS232 control, call volume control and send touch tones when on a call. I would like it to control the codec similar to the Cisco touch panel. The AMX module will not send touch tones when on a call. I need this now and will pay $$

Comments

• NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    I have used the AMX module to control (including the touch tones) hundreds of the SX20 and SX80 with the AMX Module.
    Attached is my include file for it. Have a look at the tone dialing section.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Use the DTMF command to send tones while off hook. (if using the module) There was a short period of time about 12-6 months ago where the IP communication was broke due to the SSH changes that occured in the Cisco firmware. I believe those have been fixed since then. The AMX module does work, but the codec is not overly complicated in any case.
  • darminodarmino Posts: 2
    Sorry for my slow response, I have been out of town. Thank both of you for your help. I am not used to working with modules, I typically write my own code and try to stay away from using modules because I don't understand fully how to modify them. I am not a full-time programmer but I have programmed hundreds of systems from scratch without using modules and they are rock solid. I only incorporate modules when I control video conferencing systems and I always worry about them because I don't fully understand them. NZRob how would I incorporate your include file into the module? Would I need to replace one of the existing AXI files within the module? Time is money and I am willing to pay for your time, if you have a paypal account this will be easy.
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Kudos to you with going that long without using a 3rd party module. The only ones I use modules for are DSP's, Codecs, or something with a lot of metadata. If you just use the JAR file and do the rest yourself they actually dont run that bad. Just read the document attached to the module to send out the requirements to the modules and just see want you want to use for channels, levels, and any other commands coming in or from the module.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    darmino wrote: »
    Sorry for my slow response, I have been out of town. Thank both of you for your help. I am not used to working with modules, I typically write my own code and try to stay away from using modules because I don't understand fully how to modify them. I am not a full-time programmer but I have programmed hundreds of systems from scratch without using modules and they are rock solid. I only incorporate modules when I control video conferencing systems and I always worry about them because I don't fully understand them. NZRob how would I incorporate your include file into the module? Would I need to replace one of the existing AXI files within the module? Time is money and I am willing to pay for your time, if you have a paypal account this will be easy.

I typically don't use AMX written modules but do have some that I use that I am sure work well and have been thoroughly vetted. I also tend to write my own modules - which since I have the source code are easily modified when something changes on the manufacturer's side. So, don't feel bad about the AMX module thing.
  • NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    sorry for the delay, that include file replace all VC files in the example - I just include it and and the sx80 jar file and that is it. you might have to change some of it to suit your switching. Happy to help - no payment needed of course. The VC modules are the only ones I use from AMX (polycom and cisco) as never had time for the work in a VC module but having probs with all the firmware release changes of the VCs so currently building my own for the SX20 sitting on my desk in my spare time (haha).