Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Forum Maintenence and Upgrades

We are currently working to improve the forum performance.

​We are working with the software publisher to resolve the issues with slowness, this may involve closing the forums for periods of time to upgrade code and do work that cannot be completed while users are posting and browsing.

​This will be done in segments as to narrow down where the issues are.

​We will attempt to do this maintenance during off hours, however there may be times during the day we will need to disable activity.

​Please bear with us as we address these issues. Updates will be posted on this thread.

Thanks

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Great news. Thanks for the update.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Good luck and thanks!
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Please and thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Administrator Posts: 0
    We have completed phase 1 of the maintenance, we will begin phase two soon. Please bear with us.
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    It does seem faster
  • Wow. This seems to be a huge improvement. Let's give it a few days and see.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Thank you!
    Wow. This seems to be a huge improvement. Let's give it a few days and see.

We have made major changes to the software to avoid issues in the future. We are still working on some of the bugs with the software maker. Please bear with us.
    *Today's Posts* is not working properly but the speed has increased exponentially. Sure is nice to move around here without the roadblocks. Thanks. Great work.
    As a follow up, this thread:

http://www.amxforums.com/forum/technical-forum/netlinx-studio/122588-onkyo-tx-nr636-control

should show up under *Today's Posts* but it doesn't.

I realize the bugs are still getting worked out but I thought I would mention it.
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    As a follow up, this thread:

http://www.amxforums.com/forum/technical-forum/netlinx-studio/122588-onkyo-tx-nr636-control

should show up under *Today's Posts* but it doesn't.

I realize the bugs are still getting worked out but I thought I would mention it.

​We are still working on issues. Thank you.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Well it past my morning test. Usually for some reason when I try to log on in the morning the forum would never load, it would just hang and timeout but this morning it's like a normal forum and took only 2-3 seconds. Maybe with the forum fixed people might come back.
    We are currently working to improve the forum performance.

​We are working with the software publisher to resolve the issues with slowness, this may involve closing the forums for periods of time to upgrade code and do work that cannot be completed while users are posting and browsing.

​This will be done in segments as to narrow down where the issues are.

​We will attempt to do this maintenance during off hours, however there may be times during the day we will need to disable activity.

​Please bear with us as we address these issues. Updates will be posted on this thread.

Thanks

I did post over in the Facebook group where a lot of the refugees from here landed that the forum is being fixed and is working much better. Already a couple of people have responded. I too hope they come back. This forum is a vital part of my work. I have a vested interest in it being vibrant.
    There are still several issues we are working on, continue to bear with us while we try to resolve these.
    There are still several issues we are working on, continue to bear with us while we try to resolve these.

no worries. The improvements are very nice. We appreciate your work. Thanks!
  • Have to agree, a huge improvement. Thank you to all involved in the work that has been done thus far.
  • Yes! Shoutout to everyone involved in getting this forum spiffed up. Very nice so far, very nice!
    There are a few remaining backend things we are working on, these will require us to temporarily disable the forums for some database maintenance. We will attempt to do this during off hours.

Thanks for your continued patience!
  • Well it seems that the forum speed is still good after a week. Very nice. Don't know what the 'few remaining backend things' are but so far I haven't noticed anything bad. I did notice that the error message that popped up while typing a response (and stole the focus from the reply box) seems to be gone also. Again very nice.

There is a downside to this, though: Now I click on 'today's posts' > nothing to do in tumbleweed town > gone within 20 seconds. Before the forum improvement, this took easily 5 minutes, so it still felt like like you were actually doing something here. Darnit...
    Well it seems that the forum speed is still good after a week. Very nice. Don't know what the 'few remaining backend things' are but so far I haven't noticed anything bad. I did notice that the error message that popped up while typing a response (and stole the focus from the reply box) seems to be gone also. Again very nice.

There is a downside to this, though: Now I click on 'today's posts' > nothing to do in tumbleweed town > gone within 20 seconds. Before the forum improvement, this took easily 5 minutes, so it still felt like like you were actually doing something here. Darnit...

Well, perhaps some folks will come back as the Facebook forum of this nature has devolved into a bunch of trunk slammers posting 30 pics of the conference room they just did with C4 IR remotes.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    The quality of the pavement has less to do with the amount of traffic than what's at the end of the road.
    We have completed the database maintenance which we are trying to fix the errors when posting, we will keep you updated on the further maintenance still to be completed.

​Thank you.
  • John Nagy wrote: »
    The quality of the pavement has less to do with the amount of traffic than what's at the end of the road.

I guess that's true. But when the road is badly maintained, bumpy and full of cracks in the pavement, it still feels like you actually did some work to arrive at the end of the road. even when there's nothing to see.
    We have completed the final changes to the backend this evening.. We will be monitoring for any further issues and will be enabling email notifications again as well.

We appreciate your patience and hope this resolves most of the previous issues.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.