Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

New AMX website

recently i posted about troubles viewing the dealer (trade) website. Well, that's sorta solved.... the entire site is new and I can't find a link to the 'tech stuff' anywhere. I assume the site is still under development but I still find it a bit annoying that I can't find how to download firmware. I guess we will just have to wait and see.....

Comments

• Everything is still there from the Trade site including all of the product and technical information. The link has changed for the Trade site (see below) but you can link to it from the home page of the new site. If you want to go directly to the Trade site, use this link:

http://trade.amx.com/trade.asp
  • also interesting that 'residential' is not featured ....anywhere...
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    also interesting that 'residential' is not featured ....anywhere...

I think that has been the case for some time now.
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    I think its just more blatant now.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    MLaletas wrote: »
    I think its just more blatant now.

Recently they were talking about a new push in resi and a new AMX Home or something but as I've said many times, even if they wanted too it's too late, all those dealers have been alienated and aren't likely to return and they won't find new dealers willing to take on the programming learning curve needed to be successful. The only resi there's going to be are jobs commercial dealers do for corporate client's homes and those houses so freakin big they're like hotels. A missed boat or sinking ship, maybe both?
  • MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    I know i miss programming AMX for resi...
  • Everything is still there from the Trade site including all of the product and technical information. The link has changed for the Trade site (see below) but you can link to it from the home page of the new site. If you want to go directly to the Trade site, use this link:

http://trade.amx.com/trade.asp

It is now.. When i posted, the 'trade.amx.com' site was the same as 'amx.com'. The only difference i could eventually find was the 'support' link: on the 'trade.amx.com' site it led to the 'old' trade site, with a 'page not found' error.
    I probably tried to access the site just when they were updating. No big deal, I just needed some firmware and couldn't find it.

It does seem likely that the design of the trade site will also be updated, it works fine for me, just looks rather outdated.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Was this site well thought out? When I go to Products/User Interfaces/Touch Panels/X Series G4, all the menu items are off my screen to the right. This site looks like it was designed 10 years ago with the standard copy/paste Javascript drop down menus and so on.
    Paul