Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware Matrix Distributed Audio
Options

MI XC Expander Ver 6.03 Firmware

Does anyone out there have the Version 6.03 firmware for an MI expansion unit. I received one from AMX but when I try to install it I get an error in the file. See the attached picture.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I would seriously suggest contacting AMX Tech Support on this. Horsing this up can be a time suck.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. Although I'm fairly new to AMX equipment I have almost 40 years electronic device & computer repair experience. The biggest thing I have learned over the years is there is almost always someone out there that has dealt with the issue you have & the best thing to do is ask.

I have already involved them & Craig has been very helpful. The Firmware releases document he sent me was an amazing help. I wish I had it before I tried to upgrade the Firmware on this device. If I would have known the processor had changed from V6 to V7 I never would have tried the update. The equipment is older & they are struggling with getting the models straight. He sent me the Firmware file but when I try to install it I get the error shown on the screen. This usually means the file is corrupt, the file isn't compatible with this version of the Device Programmer or the device isn't compatible with this version of the Device Programmer. I was just looking to see if anyone out there might have any other insight into the issue. I have an archive of almost every driver file or firmware update I have used over the years (thankfully hard drives keep getting bigger) so I thought I would see if someone else had a copy of the file to help eliminate that as the issue.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    dale2306 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Although I'm fairly new to AMX equipment I have almost 40 years electronic device & computer repair experience. The biggest thing I have learned over the years is there is almost always someone out there that has dealt with the issue you have & the best thing to do is ask.

I have already involved them & Craig has been very helpful. The Firmware releases document he sent me was an amazing help. I wish I had it before I tried to upgrade the Firmware on this device. If I would have known the processor had changed from V6 to V7 I never would have tried the update. The equipment is older & they are struggling with getting the models straight. He sent me the Firmware file but when I try to install it I get the error shown on the screen. This usually means the file is corrupt, the file isn't compatible with this version of the Device Programmer or the device isn't compatible with this version of the Device Programmer. I was just looking to see if anyone out there might have any other insight into the issue. I have an archive of almost every driver file or firmware update I have used over the years (thankfully hard drives keep getting bigger) so I thought I would see if someone else had a copy of the file to help eliminate that as the issue.

Welcome to the world of AMX. Also, as another long-timer in the AV world I might let you know that, although you may see us picking on AMX a lot here on the forum, the one area that AMX is pretty consistently great at is their tech support. Unlike a lot of other companies where a call to them results in over an hour of bad on=hold music, nervously looking at your cell phone battery meter, and an eventual discussion with someone who knows barely enough what color the box is, AMX's tech support is usually extremely fast, helpful and generally on the ball. Of all the manufactureres I deal with, I never find myself dreading an AMX call. 9 times our of 10 they fix my problem. I wouldn't hesitate to call them. Plus, it helps us all with recurring issues. Just a thought...

• Options
    We have success! Support was able to supply me with an older version of the Device Programmer software. I was able to hook the MI XC to my older MRC & get the 6.03 Firmware installed. Now I have it connected to my newer MI MRC & everything is working fine.

And the crowd goes wild!!!