Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Modero S with Intercom Module

Good Morning everyone,

Recently a client asked us if they could use a Modero S MST-701 touch panel to integrate a 2-way communication channel with a MET-ECOM-D. i was surfing the AMX trade site and found out that Modero S panels could implement intercom with the AMX-CSG Communications Gateway, but this product has been long discontinued.

My question is the following: can i integrate a 2-way communication between the Modero S and a MET-ECOM-D without the communications Gateway? if so, what would be the procedure to do this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jose R.

Comments

• Options
    Panel to MET-ECOM will not require the gateway. If you want to make SIP calls from the panel, you would need the gateway. We have an intercom communications module found here: http://trade.amx.com/techcenter/downloadConfirm.asp?fn=/Net/Inconcert/FileDownload/InConcertFileDownload.aspx?FNo=993&FT=MODULE&FN=AMX_Intercom_v1_11_04232012.zip&lk=&MdlNo=&MdNo=&LkName=
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    A word about the AMX intercom module... unless it has been seriously updated in the last few years, it appears that its discovery process (seeking to identify intercom-capable panels) can take too long and actually cause panels to go offline, triggering another round of discovery, rinse, repeat. This has occurred with large installations (10+ panels), and not with a lab test of 2 or so. We ultimately had to gut the discovery portion of the module and identify the target panels by site-specific data. This made -everything- run fast and clean, tested to 32 active intercom panels. We had to survive a pair of huge projects that crashed and burned over this. Your mileage may vary, but this insight could save you massive embarrassment and expense.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks guys, i'll try it out and let you know how it works out.