Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software
Options

Request Failed: [object Object]

Anyone seen this? I just downloaded the latest version of RMS, updated an older system with the new files, now I get this when I try to connect to RMS from the controller.

Comments

• Options
    Controller: NI-3101 Sig
    Firmware version: 4.1.419
    Device Firmware: 1.30.8

RMS ver: Netlinx 4.6.7
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Well, the error has to do with the RMS module trying to send data on an object in the database that is not registered (for whatever reason) I think you may be running too new a version of RMS. I don't remember the cutoff version but I think it was 4.3.6 or .7 for older non-NX systems. You should probably give Tech Support a call and verify.
  • Options
    We recently upgraded our server to the latest and greatest, and I've never really gotten things working right anyway, so I was hoping the latest client files would help. Ironically...
  • Options
    HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598
    Derrick, I would suggest calling into support on this one. There are some workarounds needed when upgrading an existing site to this version.
  • Options
    I just backed of to RMS version 4.3.27 (4.6.7 is specifically for NX, I wasn't paying enough attention) but... still getting the same error. I guess I better call support....
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I just backed of to RMS version 4.3.27 (4.6.7 is specifically for NX, I wasn't paying enough attention) but... still getting the same error. I guess I better call support....

That's what I said. : )
  • Options
    Called AMX, got hooked back up. Solution was to FTP into controller and delete the RMS folder, let it rebuild folder contents on reboot. Now, back to my regularly scheduled head-scratching on RMS integration.